Hopefully, your lifestyle as a cruiser includes much time at sandy beaches. This video from NOAA shows exactly what to do should you find yourself caught in a rip current.
What is a rip current?
“A rip current is a narrow, fast-moving channel of water that starts near the beach and extends offshore through the line of breaking waves.”Rip Current Survival Guide video
Watch the video below to learn
- What is a rip current?
- How to escape a rip current if you get caught in one?
- When and where can rip currents occur?
- What conditions are conducive to rip currents?
- How to avoid rip currents?
- How to tell if there’s a rip current present at the beach?
Image credit: NOAA